Wednesday, January 28, 2009

The Smelling

And I arrive home and cannot stop or stay or be
for
The Smelling
They are on me and all of me is you
all of me is you and
her
and him
and they peel me
wrap me
engulf me
snake me
in and out
distrust, trust, loyalty, disloyalty
All in their world is
Smell

I break from them
a run
an errand
anything, anything
to be
just alone

Cornered
I am Accused
"you have seen Them and without Us,"
Accused I stand
Guilty

The smelling leads to telling
a truth
"how's that new thing?"
"My Girl, did she mention me?"

And I, fighting, kneeing, knowing
breathe
Out...

And they breathe in
the scent of
Family
Play
Loyalty
Pack

Acknowledging my disloyalty
Acknowledging my Scent

And together we Agree

All Truths are revealed
in
The Smelling

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home